Ladies-Only Spa Centres: Recharge and Unwind
Introduction to halal wellbeing holidays
The word ‘spa’ brings with it an aura of tranquility, which many associate with mindfulness and wellbeing. With roots stretching as far back as 70 AD, it is rumoured the name derived from the Belgian town, Spa, famous for its thermal springs with healing properties. Historically, Roman soldiers would visit spas to treat aching muscles and wounds from a battle. Today, the modern-day spa has evolved into an opportunity to get away from your everyday battles and look after yourself in the way you deserve. Varying from country to country, they are often influenced by different cultures, from Roman baths to Ottoman hamams. With unique methods of relaxation dependent upon the destination, many regions offer various techniques of tranquility to ensure a complete detox and cleanse from everyday life.
For the Muslim traveller, spas offer an authentic experience, not only because there is halal food on offer but also because they offer the opportunity for relaxing using traditional methods from the country, whilst absorbing its culture. With more ladies-only spa centres flourishing and interest in fitness growing, enjoying the benefits of down-time has never been easier for Muslim women.
What makes a halal female-only spa centre
In Islam, wellbeing and spirituality have always been honoured as a fundamental right, encompassing all aspects of a Muslim’s life. With even the everyday greeting “Assalamualaikum” denoting peace and serenity, Muslims are encouraged to lead a peaceful life and look after their health, as religious life is inseparable from spiritual health. With ladies-only spas and modest swimwear widely available on the market, the benefits of rejuvenating your body are easily accessible to the Muslim woman. Looking after your body is one of the greatest blessings, and tranquility holds great importance within Sufism, for example, with historical figures like Rumi and others making reference to it.
“In silence there is eloquence. Stop weaving and watch how the pattern improves” - Jalaluddin Rumi.
Keeping all this in mind, here are our 5 top benefits of attending a spa:
- Suitable for Families A spa break is suitable for all the family to enjoy, with many offering same-sex masseuses and playgrounds for children to enjoy with some going as far as having kids centres, kids pools and play gyms.
- Physical and Mental Detox Spa treatments result in releasing endorphins into the bloodstream, which have been found to enhance the immune system and slow down the ageing process. Take this time to rejuvenate, truly bringing a new meaning to your holiday, by having a complete cleanse.
- Muslim-Friendly Packages Many ‘dry’ or alcohol-free hotels offer wellness packages, with prayer rooms (so you never forget your Islamic duties) and halal food on offer. Muslim women no longer need to feel shy about spa etiquette as they are tailored to the Muslim lifestyle and modest swimwear is no longer frowned upon. Feel confident in your skin whilst enjoying the many treatments on offer.
- Choose What You Need Your spa break can be tailor-made to your own preferences. Many spa centres offer amenities such as indoor or outdoor pools as well as other luxury amenities. Use the ladies-privacy filters to filter your accommodation options on HalalBooking.
- Brings Structure and Purpose to Your Trip Knowing your purpose and having an intention allows you to have a trip full of healing. Having a goal at the start of the trip, allows you to unwind and come back feeling refreshed.
The best destinations for short spa breaks in the UK
Over the past few years, Britain’s interest in wellness has grown insatiably, with many seeking to experience authentic spa holidays. Relaxation has become at the forefront of many UK getaways, in the search for a happier and more fulfilling life. This can be seen all across the country in a range of luxury and more bespoke breaks, with spa hotels in all areas, secluded cabin getaways in the countryside, and natural thermal waters and historic spa centres such as those in Bath. Many spas now go as far as using local ingredients grown on-site, to offer the ultimate holistic approach. For the Muslim traveller, not only have female-only spas become more common but many 5-star hotels in the UK offer halal food on request, making wellbeing and halal getaways go hand in hand harmoniously.
The best holidays in wellness resorts abroad
Worldwide, the fitness scene is also growing in many popular halal holiday destinations. It has never been easier to dip your toes into another culture of relaxation and readily experience your destination in a different way. A getaway based solely on wellness is the new way to de-stress and a range of pampering treatments can leave you feeling refreshed and renewed. Many spas now infuse the concept of tranquility with Islamic needs and values making for the ultimate halal break.
To ensure you get the most out of your holiday, you can tailor your package to what suits you. On HalalBooking.com, you can filter packages by the many amenities and facilities offered, truly catering to what your body needs. There are a range of luxury spas available globally and countries including Turkey, Austria, Maldives, Malaysia and Slovenia offer not only women-only spas but also spa centres for family and private use. Take full advantage of the packages offered including all-inclusive halal food, a variety of treatments, saunas, salt rooms, and massages, all whilst keeping modesty and Islam at the forefront of your mind. A holiday focused on holistic healing will allow you to feel glowing with health, knowing the properties of spiritual healing can also help shape your life as a Muslim.
The benefits of a spa retreat
Not only are the benefits of spa retreats great but they are also linked to feeling happier, releasing anxiety and reducing stress. With an ample variety of female-only spa breaks from which to take your pick, let your holiday become a fusion of experiencing both a spa getaway and a new culture.